Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Chives and Marjoram


My deck this year is very full of potted herbs. The one that grew back for me was the chives in the terra cotta pot on the right side of the picture. A friend I found on Twitter- Kudoskookies told me, when I expressed surprise, that they come back every year. I didn't know that. But it was a start of a friendship with her. Check out her website kudoskookies.com she makes wonderful custom made, individually packaged cookie party favors. So after finding chives come back. I bought 2 more plants. I use chives in so many things! On the left side of the picture, is marjoram. I grew it for the first time last year, so bought another plant this year at Lowes. I used marjoram in chicken dishes, and will be looking for more recipes that I can it in.

Fresh herbs just makes everything taste so wonderful! I pretend to be a gourmet, using herbs in all sorts of meals. More to come soon!

No comments: