Monday, November 19, 2012

Twitter Meetup Wine Tasting at Lynfred Winery

When I, twitter.com/muttiworld heard a Twitter and Facebook friend from the Netherlands ( theDutchessCooks.com ) was coming to visit another Twitter acquaintance ( ChefRobinWhite.com ) who has become local to me since moving from California recently, I knew that I had to get together with the pair and share something we all enjoy, wine! And what better way to share than to go for a wine tasting at my favorite local winery, Lynfred Winery in Roselle, IL. Another exciting plus was that I would meet the vivacious person behind twitter.com/lynfredwinery 

For the wine tasting, I decided to get into the "spirit" of the occasion by wearing a rhinestone embedded t-shirt that my husband had gotten me from Lynfred Winery for my birthday back in June. My husband twitter.com/bishopcomputer came with me and took pictures, as well as taking part in the wine tasting. He loves to pick up my monthly wine club selection because then he always gets to taste a wine or two as well. While we were waiting for twitter.com/hanneke158 and twitter.com/canapes45 to arrive, we enjoyed a chance to go through the Lynfred Winery shop. There are shelves filled with chocolate covered bottled wines, fabulous gift baskets, wonderful gourmet food, t-shirts, fancy painted wine glasses, and of course, wine! 


I met Hanneke and Robin at the front entrance way at Lynfred. How exciting to see them in person!

We were all ready to get down to the wine tastings! We tasted: 

Chardonnay 2009
Riesling 2009
Marsanne Roussanne 2011
Merlot 2008
Pinot Noir 2009 Reserve
Cabernet Syrah 2009
Cranberry
Rhubarb
Cabernet 1997
Ice Wine 2009


Of course everything was delicious! 


I peaked Robin's interest in the Sparkling Almond Wine. I explained that the Sparkling Almond is my most favorite wine from Lynfred Winery. When it first came out, I was eager to try it. I love almond flavor, but have been put off by other winery's almond wine, since they have all been super sweet. Until Lynfred Winery. Their Almond Sparkling Wine is extra dry and it is hands down my favorite wine they produce. Lynfred didn't have the Sparkling Almond for tasting, so I bought a bottle to share with my friends in the Lynfred VIP Room.

While sipping the Almond Sparkling Wine, we noticed two other people in the VIP room. We were introduced to twitter.com/mike_miley and his wife twitter.com/kmiley which we all follow as well. What a Twitter Meetup this turned out to be! We talked twitter.com/SmokinWills BBQ and discussed twitter.com/BigButzBBQ and their most excellent cranberry BBQ sauce. What fun we had!

I took home a couple bottles of Cranberry Wine for Thanksgiving and another bottle of Sparkling Almond Wine for my husband and I to enjoy at another time. I know Robin did the same. Thank you Lynfred Winery for a very enjoyable time!


1 comment:

Lynfred Winery said...

It was so incredibly wonderful to meet all of you! Peggy, you are an utter delight! Come see me again soon, Christina @lynfredwinery