Monday, November 10, 2008

Planning a graduation party

My daughter is graduating tomorrow. She just earned her BSBA! Well now I'm planning a graduation party quickly, so that I can fit it in before the holidays! My mom and mother-in-law live in a senior community where they own their own homes. There is a Lake House there that everyone uses for parties -and guess what -it was available for only one day - the Sunday before Thanksgiving! Both of the moms are so excited and they want to help. Stay tuned for what we're going to cook! For starters, I had already made and froze a double batch of Albondigas (Mexican meatballs), which I used my mom's zucchini from her garden and my fresh herbs.

Albondigas

  • 12oz lean ground pork
  • 1/2 cup grated zucchini
  • 1/2 cup crushed tortilla chips
  • 1/4 cup chopped green onions
  • 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp minced garlic
  • 1 tsp ground cumin
  • 1 tsp dried oregano (or 2 tsp fresh, minced)


Roll into 24 meatballs. Brown in a little oil in a large non-stick skillet. Add a 15oz can enchilada sauce. Cover, simmer 5 minutes or until meatballs are cooked.

No comments: