Thursday, June 4, 2009

Growing stevia in a pot


My sister who works at Lowes, bought me a stevia plant, mostly because I have a son by the name of Steven, but also that I love herbs. I never grew a stevia plant before, and have heard about the natural sweetener qualities the leaves have. So I was glad to be given a chance to see what I can do with it.

I first placed the stevia directly in the sun. Some herbs like it (like rosemary/thyme), and some don't. Well, I don't think stevia liked it that much, as it had some of
it's leaves turn yellow. So, I moved it to another location against my house. Which has 50% sun/shade. Looks like it's perking up. We'll keep you up to date on how stevia is doing!

1 comment:

Chicago Garden said...

I was recently at an event where they were given these and coneflower away. I chose the coneflower, should've gone with the stevia.

:0)

Thanks for the #FollowFriday