Thursday, February 19, 2009

Planning a garden for spring

Planning my garden this year will be a little more time consuming and more thought out than last year. I saved seeds from my wonderful poblanos, as well as my jalapenos, cubanelles, and also those curious holy mole peppers (from the poblano family). I am just dying to start growing them inside now, but I understand it might be a hint too early yet.

I've decided to grow my tomatoes against my back fence, instead of in the previous garden, which was shared with my numerous peppers. Years ago, I grew tomatoes back there, but my grass has grown in now. My tomatoes grew very poorly in the other location, and hope that they will grow like in years past, against my fence. Always willing to try something different.

I will have my usual various peppers. This year I won't grow shallots. I'll concentrate on my peppers and tomatoes. I will grow some cilantro in the same area as I did last year though. For some reason, it just shot up like crazy in that one spot. Of course that was a from two plants that I got from Lowes. When I tried to grow from seed - no luck! But, I learned a little bit on what to do with growing cilantro from last year. Hopefully. I'll have it all summer long.

My deck is going to be where I will grow all of my herbs. I had thyme and oregano together last year- they loved it! I had rosemary by itself, as well as basil. I put tarragon, sage and marjoram together, which worked out well too. I intend to see what else I can come up with for herbs. Everything smells great and tastes fantastic with fresh herbs!

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Hi, I saw your fonts and was wondering if I could use them when designing my stuff for sale on zazzle? My store is at
http://www.zazzle.com/samack*

Thanks, Sandy

My blog

http://zazzlesamack.blogspot.com/