Sunday, September 5, 2010

Autumn Pasta

During the fall, I make a very filling, fairly spicy pasta dish. Made with
much of the fall harvest: pumpkin, onions, jalapeno and sage. Even
sausage is considered a "fall" food. What I make actually feeds about
6 people, so you can easily cut my recipe in half. We make this much
because my husband enjoys eating leftovers for breakfast & lunch the
next day! I make it with different pasta every time, so whatever you
like, go with it!

Autumn Pasta

1 box of pasta noodles (whatever shape you like)
2 jars Alfredo sauce
1 cup jalapenos chopped (I leave some seeds in for good spiciness!)
1 cup onion chopped
1 lb sausage (I use the bulk roll kind)
6-7 fresh sage leaves, chopped (could chop extra for a garnish)
1-1/2 cups pumpkin puree (I puree my own, but you can use a
small can of pumpkin puree)
**you may need to add a little milk to to make your sauce thinner,
if preferred

Start browning the sausage, onions and jalapenos together in a fry
pan on medium heat. Cook until browned. Drain on paper towel.

Add your Alfredo sauce, pumpkin puree and sage to a
medium-sized pot. Blend together. Start heating on low. Add your
sausage mixture to the Alfredo blend, and stir together. Cook on
low heat.

While the sausage / Alfredo mixture is heating on low. Cook your
pasta. When your pasta is done, your sauce will be done at the
same time.

Add hot noodles to a plate. Pour your sausage Alfredo sauce over
the noodles. Sprinkle with cracked black pepper, or even some
extra chopped sage.

Enjoy!




No comments: