Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Planning a party with things grown from garden

I definitely will be making some of my dragon bites, as well as some of my stuffed poblanos. I'm thinking of maybe half of them I will baste in pumpkin butter before cooking. That hint of sweetness and a bit of fall flavor really brought out a wonderful taste.

Pumpkin Butter

  • 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
  • 1/2 cup apple juice
  • 1 teaspoons ground ginger
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 1 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg

DIRECTIONS

  1. Combine pumpkin, apple juice, spices, and sugar in a large saucepan; stir well. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes or until thickened. Stir frequently.
  2. Transfer to sterile containers and chill in the refrigerator until serving.

No comments: