Monday, August 4, 2008

Hot day and more Japanese beetles

Today is supposed to be a fairly hot day. Luckily, the predictions have dropped from 97 degrees down to 90. I did water my plants yesterday, late, so they shouldn't suffer too much. My poblanos are the one that wilt at the drop of a dime! Maybe it's because they do have the most peppers on them. I have to baby them, as I see over thirty little peppers growing on each plant! I do tend to lose some when strong winds come in - and we are expecting some strong storms today. I wish I didn't lose any peppers, but the free watering is great on the budget!

The Japanese beetles have shown up again - not as badly as before - dusted again with Sevin. Of course, if it rains, we'll have to apply again. Then we'll have to get some grub-x (or whatever you call it) and apply to the lawn. It seems that grubs are the early stages of the Japanese beetle. And supposedly grubs come out in the fall? It's enough to make your head spin to find out when you have to do what!

~Mutti

No comments: