Friday, August 22, 2008

Tomatoes aren't doing well

I pulled off 4 almost ripe tomatoes last night. They are so close, but decided to let them finish up inside my house. My plants are looking kind of sickly. They really look like they are dying off. The only tomato plant that looks ok is one of my German Queens, and it's starting to turn. I thought my friend from Iowa was nuts, but I guess not. I heard from another friend in a nearby suburb who says that her tomato plants only reached about 8 inches tall! But her neighbors have nice plants. I think it's odd that my tomato plants are not doing well, while ALL of my pepper plants are doing great. I mean I have poblanos, jalapenos, cubanelles and even that holy mole, and they are doing very well. Just not the year for tomatoes?

No comments: