Saturday, August 9, 2008

Tomato Patch

I took this picture early in the morning - it didn't seems like it was still dark, but my flash went off - so it must have been!

I've got 2 German Queen tomato plants that are doing very well. The sad thing is yesterday, while weeding, I broke off a nice healthy branch with 6 flowers on it. I was so mad at my self! Already plucked one ripe tomato and used it sandwiches for the husband all week.

I've got 3 "Bush" tomatoes. They should have been kept in a pot on my deck. They really are container tomato plants. They are short, and not much to them. They do have some tomatoes on them. That pink spot in my tomato patch is the one bush tomato that's just about ready to be picked.

Then I have the 7 Health Kick tomato plants. They were spindly when first started. Looked like they weren't going to make it. Well, they are not bushy, by any means, but they have grown tall, and have plenty of tomatoes on them. My little roma type! This is the tomato that has 50% more lycopene than other tomatoes.
More tomorrow on that!

No comments: