Monday, August 11, 2008

Picked lots of jalapenos


I picked quite a few jalapenos on Saturday. Looks like things are starting to happen! There was one cubanelle that I picked too. There are many, many more that are growing. Today, I think I'm just going to ramble...

I think this is such an exciting time! For people who have bigger gardens than mine - I'm jealous! I'm already planning next year's garden. But first, we will have to re-till the dirt. Maybe even add more dirt to the mix. When we water, the water gathers on the far west side of my garden, so, it's obviously uneven.

My mom gave me green beans and beets. I don't know if I should add some of those to my garden next year or not. I've learned some lessons already - about growing cilantro, shallots, peppers and tomatoes. Is it too early to think about next year? I don't think so!

No comments: