Sunday, August 31, 2008

Poblano recipe

Another 6 poblanos were picked yesterday, and many, many jalapenos! We're going to a BBQ today and tomorrow. I'm going to be bringing chicken skewers for the grill today and steak skewers tomorrow and decided to make a poblano cream sauce to marinade the meat in. I took 4 of my medium-sized poblanos (just picked), and roasted them. After the outside was blackened, the peppers had to cool down a bit. I then peeled off the blacked skin. Next, the peppers had to be seeded and then put in a blender. I added one can of coconut milk, a few dashes of seasalt, as well as about 1/8 teaspoon of freshly ground pepper (I used a mixture of red and green peppercorns - good flavor). I just blended that all together and the marinade was all ready to go. Marinade the meat for at least 4 hours - I prefer overnight. Today, I'll skewer the chicken and add fruit on a sugar cane stick. Tomorrow, I'll add my steak on some wooden skewers with some red onion and more peppers. Should be good eating! As a side note - you can bring the poblano cream sauce to a slow simmer and cook it down a little to thicken - which makes a great sauce for pasta or rice!

No comments: