Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Jalapeno seedlings


Last night before heading to bed, I checked on my seeds, hoping to see some seedlings started. I was not disappointed! Out of 16 giant jalapeno seeds, 4 have sprouted. YAY!! I have never had a pepper seed not sprout, so it is just a matter of time for the rest. 

I am surprised that my cubanelle seeds haven't sprouted yet, since they grew pretty fast last year. I know that my poblano seeds do take a bit longer to come up. That being said from a few years of experience. The habaneros haven't shown their little faces yet either, but I am on new ground with those, as this is the first year I've tried to grow them.

So far on my count:

16 giant jalapeno seeds... 4 up
16 cubanelle seeds... 0 up
2 poblano seeds... 0 up
2 habanero seeds... 0 up

These guys need to be up and ready around Mother's Day, which is the usual day I shoot for to plant. 

No comments: