Thursday, June 19, 2008

Mucho Nacho Jalapeño Picture


My 2-inch jalapeño picture from my Mucho Nacho plant.
I took it at 5am today. I love to look at things first thing in the morning! Looks like I need to start fertilizing.


Did you know that jalapeños contain a substance called capsaicin that has shown to have anti-cancer effects? However, you would have to eat a LOT of jalapeños to get that effect.

I made home made ravioli stuffed with a mixture I made from my
jalapeño poppers the other night. I threw those leftovers in my food processor and made the filling up good! The ravioli was delicious!

How do you stop the burning after eating jalapeño peppers? Eat a dairy product, like milk, yogurt, or ice cream. Dairy products contain a chemical called caisen that combats the effects of chile peppers' capsicum by stripping it from its receptor site on the skin. If it's on your hands, try a little rubbing alcohol (I've used tequila - I know - what a waste of good tequila) on your hands first to take off the oil, then dip in milk. It really helps!

No comments: