Monday, June 16, 2008

Rosemary

One of my all time favorite herbs is rosemary. I grow it every year. I just can't believe that we have to pay the price of $2.99 for a couple of sprigs at the grocery store! This year, I had gotten a bigger bush. But for some reason, it instantly started wilting on me. Now, rosemary has never done that before to me. So I bought a little rosemary plant, just in case my big one died. Luckily, the weather got good and both of my rosemary plants took off! This past weekend, my daughter came by for Father's Day, and she had looked longingly at my smaller rosemary plant. I had to give it to her, of course!

Rosemary - just the smell is exhilarating! The flavor is wonderful. It's very strong, and recipes always call for just a pinch, because rosemary can overwhelm as a flavor. But I tend to like that taste. There is nothing better than fresh rosemary!

The smell of rosemary helps get rid of headaches. The smell is a natural "upper" - helps with getting you out of a little "funk". Rosemary is used in balms for aches and pains (pregnant women shouldn't use it). Even using a little water that has had rosemary steeped in it, helps with controlling dandruff. It's just an all round great herb!

~Mutti

No comments: