Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Roses for jelly


Roses are such an elegant, feel-good flowers. The petals are used in many things, from aromatherapy to recipes.

I've been growing roses around my deck for many years. The smell is just wonderful! My roses tend to overload themselves. It's the perfect time to carefully pick some flowers and make sachets or my fabulous Rose Petal Jelly! The jelly is so delicately flavored, people think they are eating gourmet. You can eat it with peanut butter, but I prefer it on crackers, especially with a little brie cheese - just superb!

People use rose water in making frosting. It's been said that rose water can be drunk to help with diarrhea and the digestion of fatty foods. I've never tried it for that - but that's what they say.

Plus, of course roses are used in perfumes and aromatherapy. It helps ease stress, anxiety and emotional trauma. Like I said, roses are truly a feel-good flower!

~Mutti

No comments: