Monday, July 14, 2008

Caging peppers

Do you know when you need to cage your peppers? When they start leaning over! We had to make another cage for a jalapeno plant, a Mucho Nacho type, which isn't exactly tall, but it did start leaning last night under the weight of a big pepper. The only thing getting BIG in my garden is the poblano plants. Everything else is kind of short. I don't get it. They are producing flowers and such, just small plants. The next plant to get caged will be my cubanelle. It is full of little buds! I can just tell it will be the next to lean. The cubanelle is starting to get a little darker green that it was last week. I think that's a good thing! At least the plant looks very healthy, as does all my other plants, albeit shorter than they should be.

Last night was the first night I've had to water in days! It's been raining pretty good, except yesterday. I thought I would be able to get by with not watering, but the ground was just so dry and hard. Well, this morning the peppers, tomatoes and herbs all look like they appreciated it!

No comments: