Thursday, July 17, 2008

My Health Kick Tomato has little tomatoes


Well, my health kick tomatoes finally are starting to grow. Yes, they are short and spindly. But they are starting to get taller, and I think trying to get a little fuller. But they have little tomatoes on some of them! How exciting! You can see the little tomato (shaped like a plum tomato) where the yellow flower is still attached to the underside of the tomato.


Everything is starting to grow beautifully. I need to get 13 more cages completed and on my pepper and tomato plants this weekend.


I watered last night, though I really didn't need to, if it was going to be a normal temperature day today. But it's supposed to be the hottest yet - 92 degrees. So I watered a little bit, thinking my plants will probably need it.


It's been 2 weeks since I did the intensive weeding. It looks like I need another weeding session. Though I don't have as many weeds as the first time - thank goodness!


My Sweet 100 tomato plant has many little cherry tomatoes on it. And one is starting to turn red! How cool is that! I can't wait! I understand that the Sweet 100 is supposed to give you so many cherry tomatoes, that supposedly you'll get tired of picking them. We shall see!


No comments: