Monday, July 28, 2008

More cubanelle pictures and a zucchini recipe


The cubanelle peppers that I found the other day, by surprise, under the leaves near the bottom of the plant, have grown tremendously! They grow so quickly when they finally set on. But the two that are near the bottom of the plant, may have to be picked early, as one is already touching the ground. It wouldn't have that problem if it grew near the top, where most are going to be! The one touching the ground is approximately 4 inches, a little short for a cubanelle! But, I don't want it to rot either and go to waste.

Last night, we had another zucchini on the grill for dinner. Yep, came from mom. Since I made spaghetti, I decided to cut the zucchini lengthwise into planks again and marinate them in "Italian" spices. I used fresh basil and oregano from my garden, sea salt, and freshly ground pepper. I put a little olive oil on both sides of all the planks, and sprinkled the spices all over it and let it marinate for a couple of hours in the refrigerator. Then I grilled it. I never can get those perfect grill marks like you see on all the food shows, but is sure was very tasty with our spaghetti!

No comments: