Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Peppers on Steroids

My poblano plants have grown and grown! The branches are so long that they would be over five feet if they were straight up. But as they are long and heavy, they are going vertical. I didn't want any branches to break, so I had my husband devise something that the longest branch could lay on. Afterwords, we looked at the plant, and there are at least two more places towards the back that could use the same support. My husband exclaimed that these peppers must be on steroids! They're tall and strong and going like gang-busters!

My Cubanelle plant is doing very well. I only have one plant, but it now has quite a few peppers on it. My Holy Mole pepper plant, sitting right next to my Cubanelle, has grown pretty darned tall - though not as tall as the poblanos. They have many peppers on it too. We love our peppers!

I'm ready to go out and look at my plants this morning. It keeps getting later and later for the sun to come up. Fall is coming!

No comments: