Thursday, September 25, 2008

Planting shallots for the spring

Now is the time to plant shallots to come up in the springtime. Make sure you add 6-8 inches of mulch to help protect against the winter weather that will be coming. I have quite a few shallot bulbs this fall to plant and see if I do as well in my fall planting as I did with my spring planting. Shallots are so nice - they make just about anything you cook with them, taste gourmet.

At this moment in time, I'm actually waiting to go outside to check on my garden. Gone are the days of summer when I could get up at 5am and it was light outside. It's almost 6am and I'm still waiting for a hint of light! We put Miracle grow around my peppers yesterday morning. Then we had a good-sized thunderstorm come through. Miracle Grow and a little water perks up those peppers so nicely!

No comments: