Wednesday, July 30, 2008

German Queen Pics - New


My first german queen tomato has finally started to turn color. It's so exciting! You can't see the other tomatoes on this plant, but they are there, green. This plant also has lots of flowers on it, which you can't tell by this picture either. My other german queen tomato plant has had flowers on it, but not produced any fruit yet.

What will I make with my first tomato? As it's a loner, I most probably will have to slice it up and put the slices on my husband's sandwiches for lunch. He's already popped a few of those sweet one hundred cherry tomatoes in his mouth. They are starting to come in faster.

I gave some of my sweet one hundred cherry tomatoes to my sister who visited the other day, as well as some fresh basil. She was going to make a quick pasta with a little olive oil, garlic, basil and those cherry tomatoes cut in half. What an easy, light dinner!

Put more Miracle Gro in the garden, as it's been 7 days. Hope it helps!

~Mutti

No comments: