Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day

It has started out at 65 degrees this morning. It seems like it will be a fine day. Supposed to get up to 82. We'll see. It's supposed to thunderstorm at various times today. I weeded the garden yesterday. It didn't take too long to do. I sprayed my blossoms with the Burpee tomato and blossom set spray. There is one jalapeño plant that has many blossoms on it. Go jalapeños!

My tomato plants worry me. They are in an area that is really quite muddy. My husband (and wonderful father), had dug a trench, filled it with rock and PVC pipe, all the way through our yard to the back of the yard, which is a field. It's supposed to help draw the water out of the area. Too much, and we'll be drowning the tomatoes, like I did before! We placed the tomatoes in that area because of the direct sun. The tomato plants have some yellow leaves, but they haven't wilted, like I've seen before when they are ready to die. They do have some blossoms. Perhaps I should check out some tomato fertilizer. Yeah, that's what I'll do!

All you father's out there - have a happy Father's Day!

No comments: