Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Poblanos - bragging rights


Poblanos are my favorite pepper. Not too hot, nice size, and a hint of a smoky flavor. I've never grown them before. This year I thought I would try them, so I planted two. They turned out to be the tallest things in my garden, and so far the plants that have produced the most.

I have to say, these poblano plants look like little trees. But they have peppers all over them. Eleven nice sized peppers on one, and nine on the other. They have so many itty bitty peppers growing, that I can't include them in my count - yet!

These are the plants that demand LOTS of water every day, or they wilt. These are the plants that love Miracle Gro once a week too. So I do what my poblanos want, so I can get the most out of them.

I LOVE poblanos!

~Mutti

No comments: